as darren herman correctly report apple is no longer a computer company.
but where i do not agree with him is about the timing of the event.
he reports the event which took place yesterday, during steve jobs' presentation, when the word computer disappeared from the screen. apple computer became apple inc.
yes but this is the facade only.
i believe that since the ipod launch apple stopped to be a computer company to become an entertainment and communication company.
- a mac is an entertainment center with built-in webcam
- the ipod is apparently isolating people but it’s about music and concepts ( through podcast) sharing
- i-tunes allows sharing users’ compilation
- .mac allows you to enter in a community
- iweb allows you to create websites and blogs in minutes and share them
- it was the first company with successfully sold music and let's about tv programs and movies
- and let alone pixar as for the entertainment
- iphone will allow to complete the entire process with a wider screen than ipod
by the way, santa brought to me a brand new macbook pro 15": as you can see from my face, it's a dream machine.
disclosure: i do not work for apple, i'm not a stockholder even if i should be entitled to have some of them for having financed largely the company buying its products since 1995 ;-)