since years i've been truly fascinated by the buddhist attitude towards life.
i also attended an introductory course to buddhism in a monastery here in italy, the place where the dalai lama stays when visiting my country.
and in my google page i linked to a site providing daily meditation thoughts.
i wish to share with you the one for today.
Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Buddha
several reasons to do so:
- i feel we are part of a community even if a non declared one
- when something happens to one of "us" the support from the rest of the community is immediate and strong
- this community is based on the rule of sharing
- it goes beyond any personal believe
- it grows through the six degrees of separation rule (a link to another link to another link.....
- it's for a friend of "us" living a tough time