This morning the world woke up with some news, just to mention some:
- Lehman Brothers is going bankruptcy
- the North Pole ice is thinner, day after day
- 53% of the Italian population is not in the condition to shift from one social class to a higher one
- a deadly virus is threatining the Chilean fish farm
The world ecosystem, econony, environment, personal, needs a new deal.
As stated in the new book of Thomas Friedman " Hot, flat and crowded", we need someone to lead the pack out of this situation.
Politicians have to play their role in this game, but marketers and corporations have to play a significant role, too.
Technology, politic and business are totally interactive today and must work in the same direction: a better world with less greediness, more discerning and open minded.
We have one and only one world to live in. No second chance.
What can we do as marketers?
Can we help out clients and our companies to accomplish this task?
The power that technology put in our hands is far more bigger than ever, the vision of the future is far more clear than ever.
- do not stand for the best short term result but look for the bigger picture
- a dollar more earned today may cost to everybody a thousand tomorrow
- reconsider the social cost of any action we take or we suggest to take
- sell better not sell more
- built something that last
But I like to have yours, too.