in a world jammed with visual experience, different ways of entertainment fruition, peer-to-peer, dvds, etc., the movies majors try on one side to drive us to theatre to see their products and on the other side to block the circulation of the same products.
in all these efforts money focussed , it seems they have lost the creative push to differentiate, to create engagement, to thrill the audience.
this morning in my feeder i got this image of new movie trailers.
five out of fourteen movies have the same display: black background, one or two words in silver or gold and that's it.
- disturbia is about a serial killer
- rescue dawn is the story of an american pilot in vietnam
- hot fuzz is the story of a policeman detached in a place where he discover that the local hero is not such a hero
- live free or die hard is the fourth episode of the die hard saga
- sunshine is the about a space mission
yes, probably one or two of these movies will earn big money but it won't be for this creative approach, no doubt about it.